In 2006-2014 worked as a research scientist in the laboratory of cell biology at the Institute of Biomedical Chemistry (Moscow, Russia). Research areas: induced differentiation and study of immunological properties of human dendritic and T-regulatory cells; fundamental research and development of practical technologies in the field of regenerative medicine using stem cells of different origins.
In 2010 received a PhD degree in medical sciences; specialty - histology, cytology, cell biology (code 03.03.04)
In 2011-2013 was a principal investigator in a research project devoted to the characterization of immunological properties and full-genome analysis of human T-regulatory cell’s transcriptome, founded by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
In 2014-2015 worked as a Chief of molecular and cellular technologies department in Multifaceted Medical Centre of CBR. Field of responsibility – translational medicine, implementation of pharmacogenetic and oncogenetic molecular tests in routine clinical practice, investigations of genetic markers associated with for polyetiologic diseases onset and their usage for individual risks assessment, coordination of clinical trials in the field of regenerative medicine using autologous stem cells.
Since October of 2015 - Senior Researcher of Laboratory of Biotechnology Research "3D Bioprinting Solutions". The main activities: the creation and preclinical testing of 3D organ and tissues constructs, obtained with the use of biomedical polymers, hydrogels, stem cells and tissue spheroids; studying the biological aspects of the nanoparticles application in medicine; organization of interdisciplinary research with other scientific laboratories and companies.
1. Lupatov AY, Karalkin PA, Suzdal'tseva YG, Burunova VV, Yarygin VN, Yarygin KN.Cytofluorometric analysis of phenotypes of human bone marrow and umbilical fibroblast-like cells // Bull Exp Biol Med. 2006;142(4):521-6.
2. Karalkin, P. A.; Lupatov, A. Yu.; Yarygin, K. N. Endocytosis of Micro- and Nanosized Particles in vitro by Human Dendritic Cells. Biolog. Membr. 2009; 26(5): 394-400.
3. Karalkin PA, Lupatov AY, Burunova VV, Holodenko IV, Yarygin KN, Moldaver MV, Poltavtseva RA, Pavlovich SV, Sukhikh GT.Immunoregulatory properties of human stem cells of mesenchymal and ectodermal origin after their transplantation to BALB/c mice. // Bull Exp Biol Med. 2012 May;153(1):118-23.
4. Lupatov AIu, Gisina AM, Karalkin PA, Yarygin KN.Identification of "side population" associated with cancer stem cells by flow cytometry with violet laser // Biomed Khim. 2013 May-Jun;59(3):339-48.
5. Vakhrushev IV, Smirnov VV, Goldberg MA, Karalkin PA, Lupatov AY, Barinov SM, Yarygin KN.Effect of calcium phosphate materials on multipotent mesenchymal cells from exfoliated deciduous teeth (SHED cells) in vitro // Bull Exp Biol Med. 2013; 155(1):139-44.
6. Kuznetzova KG, Kazlas EV, Torkhovskaya TI, Karalkin PA, Vakhrushev IV et al. The effect of doxorubicin incorporated into a phospholipid delivery nanosystem on HepG2 cells proteome. Biochemistry (Moscow) Supplement Series B: Biomedical Chemistry, 2014, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 77-83.
7. Tyakht AV, Ilina EN, Alexeev DG, Ischenko DS, Gorbachev AY, Semashko TA, Larin AK, Karalkin PA, Vakhrushev IV, Kurbatov LK, Archakov AI, Govorun VM.RNA-Seq gene expression profiling of HepG2 cells: the influence of experimental factors and comparison with liver tissue // BMC Genomics. 2014; 15:1108.
8. Gisina AM, Lupatov AY, Karalkin PA, Mainovskaya OA, Petrov LO, Sidorov DV, Frank GA, Yarygin KN. CD133+ human colorectal adenocarcinoma cells are resistant to staining with fluorescent dyes used for analysis of ABC transporter activities. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2014 Nov;158(1):80-3.
9. Ponomarenko EA, Kopylov AT, Lisitsa AV, Radko SP, Karalkin PA, Yarygin KN, Moshkovskii SA, Zgoda VG, Sokolov AS, Mazur AM, Prokhortchouck EB, Skryabin KG, Ilina EN, Kostrjukova ES, Alexeev DG, Govorun VM, Archakov AI. et al.Chromosome 18 transcriptoproteome of liver tissue and HepG2 cells and targeted proteome mapping in depleted plasma: update 2013 // J Proteome Res. 2014, 3;13(1):183-190.
10. Morozevich GE, Kozlova NI, Susova OY, Karalkin PA, Berman AE.Implication of α2β1 integrin in anoikis of MCF-7 human breast carcinoma cells // Biochemistry (Mosc), 2015, 80 (1): 97-103.
11. Koudan E.V., Korneva J.V., Karalkin P.A., Gladkaya I.S., Gryadunova A.A., Mironov V.A., Khesuani Y.D., Bulanova E.A.The Scalable Standardized Biofabrication of Tissue Spheroids from Different Cell Types Using Nonadhesive Technology. 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing. March 2017, 4(1): 53-60.
12. Karalkin P.A., Sergeeva N.S., Komlev V.S., Barinov S.M.Biocompatibility and osteoplastic properties of mineral polymer composite materials based on sodium alginate, gelatin, and calcium phosphates intended for 3D-printing of the constructions for bone replacement. Genes and Cells. 2016; 11 (3): 94-101.
13. Sergeeva NS, Shanskii YD, Sviridova IK, Karalkin PA, Kirsanova VA, Akhmedova SA, Kaprin AD.Analysis of Reparative Activity of Platelet Lysate: Effect on Cell Monolayer Recovery In Vitro and Skin Wound Healing In Vivo. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2016 Nov;162(1):138-145.
14. Karalkin P.A., Gryadunova A.A., Pereira F. D. A. S., Parfyonov V.A., Kasyanov V.A., Bulanova E.A., Koudan E.V., Knyazeva A.D., Sergeyeva N.S., Khesuani Yu. D., Mironov V.A. Morphological Analysis Of In Vivo Biocompatibility Of Printed Auricle Prosthesis. Morphology. 2017; 152(6): 61-66.